WP5: Seismic Hazard Assessment
Workpackage 5 is coordinated by G. Grünthal (GFZ). WP 5 has the following objectives:
- Set up a hazard control group in charge of checking all steps of the hazard assessment.
- Set up quality control procedure and hazard assessment specifications allowing full validation of the hazard assessment procedure and results.
- Assess seismic hazard according to WP2 engineering specifications, conduct validation and elicit community feeback.
Workpackage 5 is structured in six tasks:
- Task 5.1: Quality control procedure and input-output specifications
- Task 5.2: Logic tree design
- Task 5.3: Computation of synthetic earthquake catalogues
- Task 5.4: Computation of seismic hazard
- Task 5.5: Validation of seismic hazard results
- Task 5.6: Community feedback on seismic hazard results